Combining HDR & Time Lapse

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
acrocephalus

Combining HDR & Time Lapse

Post by acrocephalus »

Hello,
I am running a project to capture sunsets and sun rises using HDR and the time lapse technique. Does your program allow to capture a bracketing burst and program it to be launched at a given period of time?
Thanks,

Dani
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Combining HDR & Time Lapse

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You can combine exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting. First defene exposure bracketing parameters, then go to time lapse and allow exposure bracketing for each shot.
acrocephalus

Post by acrocephalus »

Hello,
I'm doing some tests but I feel it takes a long time for the bracketing burst. Is there any way to speed it up? It's strange, as when I do burts bracketing alone (Tools > Burst Bracketing) it works fast, but it doesn't when I combine it with the Time Lapse. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,

Dani
Attachments
screenshoot.png
screenshoot.png (47.93 KiB) Viewed 4175 times
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please explain the problem in greater detail. What exactly is slow? The time between what events is too long?
acrocephalus

Post by acrocephalus »

I am trying to take a bracketing burst every 1 minute, so I can create a timelapse based on HDR images. The problem is that when I run the exposure bracketing it takes a long time to take all the pictures. However, when I go to Tools>Burst bracketing it can take the pictures at the usual speed. So, how can I make the exposure bracketing to take the pictures faster?
Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It is normal, exposure bracketing is totally different from burst focus bracketing. If you want to compare it to some other sequence shooting, compare it to the regular (non-burst) focus bracketing. It'll be about the same speed, and it can't be made faster.